HSOB/Burnside Hockey Club is one of the most well established hockey clubs in Christchurch and has a dynamic and rapidly growing junior division. We are seeking to employ a coach to assist us in continuing to develop our junior programme during 2015. The position of development coach will involve the following;
- Contribute to developing our junior programme in conjunction with the junior committee of the club.
- Organise and run the Club’s Fun Sticks program on a Saturday morning in conjunction with a number of volunteer youth aged coaches.
- Coach one team within the open, or youth, woman’s or men’s side of the club as part of the transition for junior players to open grades.
- Attend the junior trials as a selector.
- Provide training and supervision for our youth aged and parent coaches coaching 6 aside teams.
- Attend all Junior teams Practices on a rotation basis. Eg.Tuesday trainings at Burnside High School where 8-10 teams junior teams train and be available to assist with coaching of teams.
- Attend and assist with the clubs year 6 – 8 skills session on Mondays at Rangi Turf (separate to regular team training for 11 aside development team and other identified players).
- Provide a brief written monthly report timed for the club committee meetings.
The position is part time and reports to the Juniors Club Captain. Remuneration, which is funded out of corporate sponsorship, will depend on the agreed time commitment, will be discussed and agreed with the successful applicant.
Applications are to be in writing. Closing date is 14 November with an appointment to be made by the end of November.
Please contact Kelvin Reid (Juniors Club Captain) if you require any further information or wish to discuss.
Cell 021 997343.